Thursday, July 8, 2010

4 Months / 3 Years




































Who says boys can't sleep with stuffed animals? He's my buddy!

Decker's 4 month birthday is today and Claire turns 3 tomorrow! I can't believe Deck has only been around for 4 months, it seems like he's been a part of the family for longer than that. He is starting to giggle and is almost rolling over. He can't seem to get over that arm of his. He probably should be rolling over, I just can't put him down long enough for him to try as often as he should. We got out the bumbo chair and he really has been enjoying that. One of my most favorite things is his first smile of the morning when he looks at me - makes my day start off right!
He is up to eating 6 oz bottles - Claire never got past 4! We tried cereal last night, he wasn't too sure. I know when he gets the hang of things he will be a good eater, unlike someone else I know. That brings me to Claire...














































The above photos (happy, bored, and silly)

Claire is talking up a storm these days and says the funniest things lately. The never ending "why" has started and can go on and on and on. I just tucked her and and told her that she is funny and she replied with "thank you mom". I guess she likes being funny like her daddy. One of the sweetest things Claire says to me is "I love you too mama". She just says it out of the blue without me saying it first. How can you stay mad at her, even after trying to get her to eat her dinner for an hour after she says something so sweet like that? Claire is also big in doing things all by herself these days - getting to be so independent. She is still such a sweetie to her little brother too and always tells him he's cute or she loves him and gives him kisses on his head. I can't wait to see those two playing together someday soon.

We had a family outing to the doctor's office yesterday for their check ups. Claire was surprisingly cooperative at the doctor's and even got weighed and here are the results:

Claire:
3'2" - 74% (odd to start using feet and inches)
26 lbs - 3% (No, I didn't leave out any numbers, that is a single 3)

Decker:
26" - 84%
14 lbs, 6 oz - 41% (I predict he will catch Claire when he is 2)
Head 25%

Tomorrow is a big day for Claire. I am going to swing by and pick up donuts in the morning after my workout, then a party at Suzanne's which she is really looking forward to. We are having a family party on Saturday as well. I best go wrap some gifts and frost some cupcakes...

I have to post one more photo. We finally captured a nice family photo the day of Decker's baptism. Look at my beautiful family. I feel very blessed!

1 comment: