So tonight Claire was wanting to go for a "run" outside. I was feeling very full from dinner and only had my flip flops on, so I convinced her to ride in her wagon as I pull her at my desired pace. This lasted until I got about five houses away, then I hear her saying that she wants to run. I try my hardest to convince her to stay inside the wagon, but next thing I know, she is out of the wagon and 3 houses away from me. I am pulling the wagon with no one in it trying to catch up with a 2, almost 3 year old and can't keep up. As I run at a snails pace, I am wondering how foolish I am looking lagging behind her so far, and what a bad mother I am for letting her get so far away from me in the middle of the street. So I ditch the wagon in a neighbor's yard and sprint towards her, hoping it will still be there when we return.
Either I am SO incredibly out of shape or this little girl is FAST, I'll tell ya. Those spindly little legs have got some speed!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment