
Today, I am 36 weeks pregnant. For the most part, the time has flown by really fast. I think that is because I don't have as much time to sit and stew over things like I did with my first pregnancy. Overall, this has been a pretty good pregnancy, like my first. Hardly any morning sickness - just a little queasy at times in the beginning and more tiredness, but I think that is just because I have more going on this time around. He does however, give me more heartburn, and I do feel bigger than last time. I also crave more sweets than I did with Claire. I feel bad that I haven't taken as many pregnancy photos as the first time, but at least this time I was able to write about it more on my blog. Here are a few thoughts as the weeks wind down....
I love it when he has the hiccups. I think it's his way of communicating with me and to let me know he's having a good time in my belly and everything is okay in there.
I love the way Claire nuzzles her head against my belly. She already loves him and is going to be a very sweet big sister. She already plans to give him bandaids when he cries to make him feel better.
No stretch marks yet, hopefully my luck will continue a few more weeks.
Swollen ankles have started - thankfully I can keep them covered with jeans this time around, that way nobody has to see them, including myself. My face is puffy too, which I notice more when I see photos of myself, including the one above.
I am hating all of my clothes and I am looking forward to wearing normal clothes again. Although, I will have to say, some of my regular tops have lasted clear till the end.
The carseat is installed and Claire is really excited to be able to sit next to her baby brother.
I try to take the time to sit in his room every now and then and picture what this baby boy will look like and be like. I can't wait to meet him.
I picture a long string bean on his birth day.
Looking forward to the delivery, as my first was such a nice and easy experience. I hope it goes as fast well this time around.
Looking forward to see how Daddy interacts with a son, as he is already a push-over to his little girl. He will have to learn how much of a softie he is. Claire will have to teach him the pouty look she does so well. Although, that might not work quite the same for a boy.
We already have the name picked out and i can't wait to tell everyone, it's really cute. I know how those interested can find out the name, but I'm not telling.
Although I am ready to have the baby, I know I will miss being pregnant. I am one of those people who really does love being pregnant. It's just so special. Nobody knows when he is kicking of having the hiccups, or sleeping except for me.
So, Dear baby boy, Thanks for being such a good little boy inside my belly. Looking forward to meeting you here really soon! Love, mama

Claire is also so excited to meet you and to be a big sis!
Eeeeek! That means with your past history you only have about a week to go!
ReplyDelete