I threw caution to the wind and quit. Well, that is not exactly how it went, but, I did indeed quit my job that I loved and had been at for the past 3 years. It was a tough decision and something that had been in the works for a while now. A year ago, when Decker was still in my belly, I made him a birth print for his room. This is how Josh discovered that I wasn't budging on his name. The print was made, just waiting for the date, weight, length, etc... I started selling these on Etsy and poured hours and hours into it in hopes that someday I could either quit my job or take a part time job so that I could have more of a flexible schedule and time with my lads. And this is exactly what I did! This past year has made me realize how fast time goes. I didn't want to look back and regret how busy I was and I didn't get as much time as I wanted to with my babes. They are everything to me and I am so happy I can be with them more and have more time to focus just on them.
I am now the Graphic Design Specialist at the Library at KSU. It's 20 hours a week and I can set my schedule! I have only been there one day so far, but I think I'll really enjoy it. I miss print work. I have been doing web for so long, it will be nice to get back to the print world.
Today is my first day home with the kids and I have been having a blast. We went to the park, and now they are both napping, so I hope I can get a little bit of work done while I can. Next stop is Target to get the kids some sandals and sand toys so we can be more prepared at our next trip to the park. I just love the freedom!
Claire and I playing with photo booth. It can keep her entertained for hours!

Other than more time with my kids. Here is my "To Do/Wishful Thinking List" to make the most any extra free time I might have... The list can go on and on, but I don't want to fall short.
1) Order this and journal more with my photos.
2) Run, run, run, and train for a 1/2 Marathon with my hubbs.
3) Cook more
4) Open up a 2nd Etsy shop. I have idea after idea running through my head. I am a big daydreamer!
5) Be more carefree and enjoy every day more. Or as one of my favorite prints I ordered off Etsy, "Today I will be Happier than a Bird with a French Fry"
Also, I can't forget to thank my wonderful husband for putting up with my craziness over the last few months while I've been super busy and he had to be super dad when I had to get orders out the door! Thanks for being supportive of my craftiness and my crazy ideas at times. Love you!
No comments:
Post a Comment