Monday, September 20, 2010

One Half Year Old!



















































6... going on 7 months... I am a little behind with my 6 month post. I think it's because we had our 6 month checkup a little late. Anyway, better late than never. Mr. Decker is such a happy little buy - we are so blessed with two of the greatest kids ever! It's been a whirlwind of a month and Deck has been such a little trooper!

Decker still refuses cereal and baby food. I am able to get a few spoonfuls in and he has stopped gagging, but still doesn't want to participate. Remember when Decker was sleeping through the night at 10 weeks. Parents, stop your jealousy, he just stopped that around 6 months. He now wants to eat at night - so he really needs to pick up on this eating thing. This makes 2 kids I have to force feed.

I am nervous for the day he starts crawling. Remember little guy, I have to work from home with you a couple days a week, so let's just do this too early, okay?

I just realized this morning that his first tooth has broke through. He is just getting so big - I already miss my tiny little baby. Here are his stats from his doctors appt this morning - which he peed ALL OVER the med student that checked him out.
28" 86%
18lbs 4 oz 56%

I'm pretty sure Claire weighed about this same weight at one year.

I think he is officially too long for his carseat carrier - better get the new one installed quick.

On a side note, here's a funny thing Claire said last night... As we were going on a walk, a boy without a shirt on road his bike passed us just as we were walking by a couple of other little boys. As the shirtless boy passed us, she asked "Why that boy naked?". I am trying to hold in my laughter as she keeps repeating the question. I notice the two little boys laughing some too. She says the funniest things and is full of personality. She is good at trying to entertain Decker - mostly by speaking her made up language loudly and two inches from his face. He sometimes stares at her with his blank stare. But nevertheless, she tries, but wonders why he doesn't laugh at her like he should. I think she is like her daddy in that way - doesn't understand why someone wouldn't think he's funny.

1 comment:

  1. Cute baby! I hope he sleeps for you again soon (and eats for that matter)!

    ReplyDelete