Monday, February 1, 2010

First "Real" Babysitter

Since we live in the same town as our folks, we haven't ever had to hire a "real" babysitter yet until this weekend when we were in a bind. We scored some tickets to the KU/KSU game, which we were very excited about. I knew that I could not watch the game if I took Claire and both of our folks were busy, so time to breakdown and hire a babysitter.
Our over-achieving, most responsible 14 year old ever, better social skills than I have neighbor girl was free and really excited about it. She came over more prepared than I was with a whole sheet of info for me to fill out. I wasn't worried at all. I only texted her once to see how things were going. Claire had asked her if she could eat dinner in front of the TV and she wondered if that was okay. Claire learned fast that you can get away with a lot with babysitters. I came home to a cleaner house than I left it. That itself was well worth the money.
I am not giving her name out either, she is all mine! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment