Friday, October 2, 2009

Vacation Recap

I am finally getting to blog about our trip to Estes Park, CO. We had a great time and so did Claire. Most importantly, the car ride was a success. Claire hardly complained at all thanks to the multiple hours of Dora, Diego, and Strawberry Shortcake, or "Hotcake" as Claire calls it. We left on a Friday and made it to Denver by midnight. Claire had her first stay in a hotel room and sleeping in the same bed as mom and dad. She thought it was party time! This was around 12:30 at night let me remind you.

Day 2 of our trip, we met up with some family in Longmont. Thanks for the delicious breakfast, Ralph & Delores! Then onto Estes Park. Three other families met us there later that day as well. There were a total of 5 kids. I would say they all did pretty well together. As long as they didn't touch Claire's baby doll, everything was good.

We went on a couple of easy hikes, saw some Elk, which Claire thought were cows, and even got to see some snow on the ground. The last night we were there, we started up the fire pit and made some smores, which was a big hit. Claire preferred eating plain marshmellows though.

It was a really nice vacation - very fun and relaxing. The condo was amazing as well! Here are a few pics from the trip.

Claire offered to drive a leg on the way down there.

















Silly face!

















Dad hiking with Claire

















Family photo. You might see this again around Christmas card time.
















How Claire took most of her naps on the trip.

















Claire excited to go play in the snow.


















Family hike and BRRRR it got cold this day.

















Three amigos.

















Cows! As Claire called them.

















Making smores!

















Claire's sad face after she opened the door on I-70. I guess she realized she shouldn't have done it but it was too tempting to see what that handle did. She gets this look from mom! I taught her well, didn't I?

No comments:

Post a Comment